- Anonymised client IP address
- Name of the internet access provider
- Description of the internet browser used
- Date and time of the respective access
This access-related information is used to improve the provision of our online content and is stored for statistical purposes and troubleshooting. This data are not allocated to natural persons. The use of certain services on our website requires the collection and processing of personal data such as email address, surname, first name, telephone number or address. Personal data is collected in particular when registering for special services (e.g. when registering to test a product), applying for a job or for other inquiries via the contact form or email.
You must provide your name and email address in order to use the comment function on our blog. You can also choose to be notified by email about subsequent comments or new posts. If you post comments, the information contained therein may be read by others. We have no control over the use of content of comments by third parties
Personal data will be treated confidentially and will not be passed on to third parties. In individual cases, we may be required to disclose personal data by order of competent state authorities if this is necessary to avert danger, for criminal prosecution or for other statutory reasons. Otherwise, your personal data will not be collected, processed or used.
Using cookies enables us to expand the range of functions of our website and to make your visit to our website as comfortable as possible for you. This means that data is stored on your computer when you use our website, for example to set the language selection or to save your personal settings. Our website may also contain third-party cookies. These are cookies set by third-party providers when you view the content integrated on our website. This may be the case, for example, with video streaming by the respective third-party providers.
If you wish to be informed directly about the setting of cookies, you can set your browser so that you are notified as soon as cookies are set. If you deactivate the storage of cookies or delete cookies that have already been set, the scope and functionality of our website may be restricted. Please consult your browser’s Help function for details on how to do this.
This website uses tracking cookies. The data collected in this way reflects the user behaviour on the website. The tracking service provider evaluates this information on behalf of the operator of this website in order to compile reports on website activity and provide the website operator with further services related to website and internet use.
(2) You can prevent the storage of cookies by configuring your browser software accordingly; however, please note that you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website in this case. In addition, users can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and relating to their use of the website (including their IP address) by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link:
(1) This website uses Hotjar, a web analytics service from Hotjar Ltd. on some webpages. Hotjar Ltd. is a European company headquartered in Malta (Hotjar Ltd, Level 2, St Julians Business Centre, 3, Elia Zammit Street, St Julians STJ 1000, Malta, Europe
Tel.: +1 (855) 464-6788).
(2) This tool can be used to evaluate user behaviour on the websites on which Hotjar is used (so-called heat maps). For example, it is possible to see which pages were viewed to what extent and which buttons were clicked how often. Furthermore, the tool also allows feedback to be obtained directly from website users. This allows us to gain valuable information to make our websites even faster and more customer-friendly.
(3) This website pays particular attention to the protection of your personal data when using this tool. Areas of the websites where personal data about you or third parties are displayed are automatically hidden by Hotjar and are therefore not traceable by the tool at any time.
(4) Hotjar offers every user the option to prevent the use of the Hotjar tool by means of a Do Not Track Header, after which no more user data will be collected. For this purpose, your browser sends a request to Hotjar to deactivate the tracking of the respective user. If you use this website with different browsers/computers, you must configure the Do Not Track Header separately for each of these browsers/computers.
Detailed instructions with information about your browser can be found at:
In order to receive our newsletter, we need the data requested when registering for the newsletter, in particular your email address. When registering, you will receive a confirmation email from us. Your data will be collected for the purpose of sending you the newsletter and to document our authorisation to send the newsletter. You can revoke your consent to the storage of the data and its use for sending the newsletter at any time. You can send your revocation by email or, if necessary, use the unsubscribe link in the newsletter itself.
Plug-ins from social media providers are only used on our websites with a privacy-friendly two-click solution. You will only be able to transfer access-related data (for example, your IP address and the URL called up) to the relevant social media provider and use the respective plug-in by actively clicking on a control element. If you are already logged in to the respective social media provider, it can assign the page visit to your user account. Before continuing to use the two-click solution, please read the respective privacy policies of the social media providers (Twitter, XING).
Protecting the rights of data subjects
As a user of our webpages, you can revoke your consent to the use of your data at any time and request free information about your data stored by us. In addition, you can assert your rights to the blocking, erasure and correction of your personal data by sending us an appropriate request.
If you have any questions relating to data protection, please use the contact options given in the Legal Notice.